COMMERCIAL HURRICANE & STORM DAMAGE RESTORATION
COTTON INTERNATIONAL SOLUTIONS IS READY TO RESPOND TO HURRICANES AND TROPICAL STORMS
During a tropical storm, wind speeds can reach upwards of 73 MPH, and for hurricanes, 74 MPH is the minimum baseline. High-speed winds have the power to damage roofs and break windows, leaving businesses exposed and vulnerable during and after the storm. In addition to damaging winds, continuous rainfall could lead to extensive water damages in and around commercial properties.
Cotton International Solutions is available 24/7 and is committed to acting fast in the wake of a disaster to help business leaders recover their properties and assets as soon as possible. We are your trusted hurricane and storm damage restoration partners.
Visit our Hurricane Resource Hub for disaster recovery tips.
THE COTTON DIFFERENCE
- 24/7 Situational Awareness
Pre-loaded Fleet for Immediate Dispatch
Trusted Global Partner in Restoration, Disaster Recovery, and Construction
Adhere to OSHA Standards, Along with Local, State, and Federal Regulations
Commercial-grade Equipment and Innovative Thinking
Cotton is committed to being there for its clients before, during, and after a storm. As soon as news of a tropical storm or hurricane emerges, Cotton alerts its clients of potential risks their business could face and continues to check-in during and after an event.
MAJOR STORM CLEANUP AND FLOOD DAMAGE EXPERTS
Cotton understands the importance of restoring your business quickly to limit business interruption. To better assist companies in hurricane-prone regions, Cotton has strategically established a presence and reliable partnerships along the Gulf and Atlantic Coastal Plains, Cabo San Lucas, and Puerto Rico.
Cotton follows a 5-step disaster recovery process after a hurricane or tropical storm:
- Respond to emergency calls from the 24-hour hotline
- Assess the damages and create a scope of work that limits business interruption as much as possible
- Clean up debris left behind by the storm
- Mitigate wind and water damages
- Restore business property to its pre-event state or better, on time and within budget
AVOID COMMERCIAL PROPERTY HURRICANE DAMAGE: WHAT TO DO
- Monitor weather reports closely and follow the orders of local authorities regarding evacuation
- Review your company’s Emergency Response Plan (ERP) with your team
- Store computers, business records and other important items in a safe area on upper levels and away from windows
- Where possible, place storm shutters on windows and protect doors
- Ensure there are enough emergency supplies for those taking shelter in your facilities
- Plan ahead by consulting with a disaster recovery company regarding business continuance and recovery of property
- If remaining on property take shelter in a secure area above sea level with no windows
- Listen to emergency broadcast stations for instructions and remain in shelter until storm winds have subsided
- Wait until the all-clear has been given by building management or emergency services before reentering the area or property
- If necessary, secure the facility to prevent looting
- Engage a full-service disaster recovery firm to assess the damage, develop a scope of work, liaise with insurers and carry out necessary services.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
+ HOW CAN I PREPARE MY BUSINESS FOR A HURRICANE OR TROPICAL STORM?
Before a hurricane or tropical storm, your business should monitor weather reports and follow the orders of local authorities. To protect your assets and property, store important equipment and documents in safe areas and board-up windows if possible. You can also begin planning for hurricane damage restoration way before a disaster strikes. Consult with your disaster recovery company, such as Cotton, as you build your business continuity plan. Signing an MSA can speed up the recovery process with the disaster recovery company you trust.
+ HOW FAST CAN COTTON GDS RESPOND WITH HURRICANE DAMAGE RESTORATION OR FLOOD CLEANUP?
Cotton is available 24/7 and works around the clock to recover your business as soon as possible following any disaster or damaging event. Prior to the storm’s landing, Cotton’s internal Watch team monitors weather activity, which allows Cotton Representatives to alert companies within the path of the storm and keep them updated. With strategic partners located around the U.S., Mexico, and Puerto Rico, Cotton can quickly mobilize its crews and assets to the disaster scene to begin recovery efforts.
+ IF MY COMMERCIAL PROPERTY NEEDS STORM DAMAGE RESTORATION OR CLEANUP, SHOULD I CALL MY INSURANCE FIRST?
After a hurricane or tropical storm, insurance companies prefer you to call a commercial restoration company, like Cotton, first to assess the damages as soon as possible and provide a restoration estimate. The sooner Cotton arrives, the sooner the recovery process can begin.
ADDITIONAL COTTON ASSISTANCE
Following a disaster, your business might require extensive repairs to the roof and building's structure, but that doesn't always mean long-term business interruption. In addition to construction and roofing services, which help the exterior part of your business, Cotton Logistics and Cotton Culinary offer temporary facilities and catering services that allow your business to move forward with operations, so you may continue serving your communities.